Field Hockey Ontario (FHO) is looking for two hardworking and committed summer students to assist in running and co-ordinating the 2018 Field Hockey National Championships and the 2018 Ontario Summer Games. The summer students will be responsible for assisting the event co-ordinator and FHO’s program manager and will be expected to contribute during the planning, set-up, and running of the events. This opportunity was made possible by the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport.
“Field Hockey Ontario is the provincial association that leads, grows and promotes field hockey and indoor field hockey in Ontario by engaging Clubs, developing qualified coaches and officials, and supporting athletes at all developmental stages.”
The position of Student Event Co-ordinator is a full time six-week contract position and the successful candidates are required to have use of their own computer, phone and working space. Expenses related to the position will be reimbursed as per FHO policies.
Key responsibilities include:
1) Assist the FHO Program Manager and Event Co-ordinator in communicating with venues,
provinces, teams and officials.
2) Provide on-site support for set up and take down of events.
3) Communicate with provinces and regions to provide information prior to the events.
4) Must be present for the duration of Nationals and the Ontario Summer Games to coordinate with stakeholders as required; resolving issues as they arise, ensuring a successful games experience for all participants.
The Ideal Candidate:
1) Must currently be enrolled in a secondary, or post-secondary institution, or be within six months of graduation.
2) Is currently enrolled in an event management post-secondary program or is interested in
pursuing a career in event management.
3) Has event management experience.
4) Has experience working in large sporting events.
5) Enjoys sports and working as a team.
6) Is highly organized and adaptable.
7) Is available to work weekends during the events.
8) Must be a resident of Ontario during the period of employment.
9) Must be eligible to work in Canada and have a Social Insurance Number.
Submission of Applications:
The deadline for applications is May 25, 2018. Interested candidates are asked to forward a resume and cover letter detailing their suitability for the position by email to Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Student Event Co-Ordinator in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact only those candidates whose skills and experience best match the requirements of the position. All applications will be treated in strict confidence. FHO is an equal opportunity employer.
Click here to download all the information above in PDF.