Field Hockey Ontario: Women's Fund Program
In 1985, Field Hockey Ontario (FHO) was incorporated. FHO was an amalgamation of Ontario Women's Field Hockey Association (OWFHA) and the Ontario Field Hockey Association (OFHA). At point of amalgamation, OWHFA had $60,000 which was given to the new organization FHO to be kept for use in the promotion of women's field hockey in Ontario. The interest from this fund is to be disbursed yearly – provided suitable applications are received.
2018 Application Process:
Applications will be accepted from May 15 to June 15, 2018. This year's bursary is a maximum of $675. (The committee may decide to award multiple bursaries, but accumulated total may not exceed the maximum.)
Please submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in the subject line Women’s Fund Application 2018 All applications must include: reasons why you should be a successful candidate, letters of reference as outlined below, details of event/competitions etc, as per criteria listed below,
● Current female member of FHO
● Assistance may be requested to cover the cost of a course, conference fees, air fare, training or training camp levies.
● The committee will consider requests from players, coaches, officials, and volunteers.
● The committee may request the successful applicant to share knowledge gained at a meeting or conference with other members.
● Financial need
● Length of service as a volunteer, coach or official.
● Development of new coaches, officials, and volunteers.
● Successful applicants may not apply again for 3 years from receipt of funds.
● Males are not eligible to receive funds
● Athletes and Coaches receiving Quest for Gold or any other form of financial assistance from FHO, Ministry responsible for sport, FHC, Sport Canada are not eligible.
● Volunteers must include a letter of recommendation from a club president/chair (or in the case of the president applying – vice chair or treasurer)
● Players must include a letter of recommendation from Club head coach or provincial coach.
● Officials must include a letter of recommendation from Officials Committee (once functioning) or an official invitation to officiate at an out-of-province competition.
● Applications must include, when applicable, link to course, conference or invitation to attend a competition or training camp.
All applications will be acknowledged as received. Candidates may be interviewed via conference call.
The Terms of Reference may be found on the FHO website. Suzanne Robertson and Diane Huneault are the current committee members, with another member appointment pending.