CANADIAN WOMEN’S SENIOR NATIONAL INDOOR CAMP AUGUST 18th - 20th 2017
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
Field Hockey Canada (FHC) is committed to supporting the National Indoor Program. The indoor program 2017-2018 will focus on the development of athletes to ensure they can successfully meet the demands of international level competition and program requirements to win the Pan American Cup and qualify for the Indoor World Cup in 2018.
The Women’s Indoor National Coaching staff is appointed by FHC and in accordance with the National Selection Policy (see below for details) will identify and select athletes at the National Camp (August 18th- 21st in Toronto, ON). An Indoor Squad of between 15-18 athletes will be selected to train prior to selecting a team of 12 athletes to compete in the Indoor Pan American Cup in Guyana in October.
ELIGIBILITY FOR SELECTION
All participants that wish to be considered for selection must:
● Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant;
● Be a registered member of Field Hockey Canada, in good standing with a provincial branch and Field Hockey Canada member club;
● Not be under suspension or sanction by Field Hockey Canada or Sport Canada for any doping or doping related offence;
● Commit to sign any applicable Athlete Agreement as required by Field Hockey Canada.
National team talent identification and selection is an on-going process. Athletes with potential may be identified in the following manner:
● Performance at National Championships;
● Performance at other domestic competitions;
● Recommendations from High Performance Coaches;
● National team selection camps and open try-outs.
*The national coach shall have complete discretion in determining which athletes will be invited to national team try-outs.
See National Selection Policy for any additional details.
Malvern CC 30 Sewells Rd, Scarborough, ON M1B 3G5
August 18 2017 Friday (Evening) Testing TBC TBC
August 19 2017 Saturday (Morning) TBC Malvern CC
August 19 2017 Saturday (Afternoo TBC TBC
August 20 2017 Sunday TBC Malvern CC A
Camp Levy of $150.00/ athlete will be charged (see Levy’s & Registration for full details)
SENIOR CAMP, SQUAD TRAINING & TEAM COMPETITION COMMITMENTS
The list below helps define the expectations regarding the environments (Camp, Squad Training & Team Competition) for the athletes in their respective provinces. Following these guidelines and performances within these environments ensure athletes are in a position to be selected to both the Squad and International competition elements:
● Attend all elements of the Senior National Camp.
● Attend all elements of the National Squad Training (Selected athletes only)
● All athletes need to make themselves available for international matches.
● Accommodation, food and travel to and from during the camps and training periods will be the responsibility of the individual athlete. To reduce costs during these events, domestic athletes will be encouraged to billet athletes from other provinces.
● Medical insurance is covered through your Provincial registration
● Wear your FHC apparel to all training sessions. If you do not have any, wear appropriate clothing in red, black and/or white to the first training session.
● The meeting time will be 30 minutes prior to the start time. This gives you enough time to warm up and be ready to perform at the start time. The start time will be the time indicated on all communications.
● All individual and coaching related communication will be sent via by e-mail. Reply within 24 hours is the expectation.
● Bring 2 hockey sticks and a pair of running shoes to every training session.
● Mouth guards, shin pads and a hard left-handed glove are now mandatory in all training & playing sessions.
● Ensure you bring your own water, recovery food and any medication specific to you.
● If you are late, call or get a message to the head coach.
● If you are going to miss training, for any reason, ask the head coach first (as soon as you know).
● Please report any injuries/illness/medical conditions immediately to the athletic therapist and head coach.
● If you are injured, you are expected to be at practices unless you have had exemption from the head coach. If you are ill and it’s not in your best interest to be at training, notify the head coach and stay at home.
TIME LINE SUMMARY
Senior National Indoor Program Dates Event/s
August 18-20, 2017 Senior National Camp (Malvern CC, Scarborough ON)
August 25 Senior National Squad Announcement
September – October, 2017 Senior National Squad Training Period (GTA, ONT) Training will be based on weekends (Friday through Sunday), and occasional weekday evenings (after 5pm). Athletes should expect training on every weekend following labour day up to departing for the competition.
First week September Training Levy $400.00 Due First Competition Instalment $1000.00 Due (refundable for athletes selected to Squad but not selected to travel)
September 17, 2017 Senior National Team for Pan Am Cup Announcement
September 20, 2017 Final Instalment of remaining competition levy due
October 11-22, 2017 Indoor Pan Am Cup, Guyana
LEVIES & REGISTRATION
Field Hockey Canada is able to partially subsidize these events but it does not have funds to cover the full costs.
● Camp Levy: All camp attendees will pay a camp levy, which must be paid prior to the first session. Please make $150 cheques payable to Field Hockey Canada – Indoor Program.
● Training Levy: A training levy of $400 is required for all athletes selected to the squad to cover gym time and training costs. This will be paid prior to the first September training session.
● Travel/ Competition Levy: The competition levy is currently estimated at approximately $2500/ athlete and will include flights to/ from Toronto, accommodation, meals, uniforms, and travel apparel. This levy is TBC and may be reduced based on fundraising.
● It remains the clear objective of FHC to never place a National Team athlete in a situation which causes undue hardship and/or negatively influences an athlete’s ability to participate in the national team.
Registration form, FHC Athletes Agreement, Medical form, informed consent and assumption of risk agreement FOR THOSE UNDER THE AGE OF MAJORITY (under 19 years of age) and release of liability, waiver of claims and indemnity agreement FOR THOSE THE AGE OF MAJORITY (19 years of age - To be emailed to team manager, Kri Shier (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sunday August 13th, 2017, 5pm EST.
All athletes are required to adhere to all the policies, regulations and rules outlined in the Athlete Documents posted on the FHC web. It is the responsibility of the athlete or their parents to read and understand the contents.
Link: http://www.fieldhockey.ca/athlete-documents/. All athletes must to sign a waiver, please follow the links below. Print, complete and sign the document pertaining to you.
Indoor Registration Form WNT Camp August 2017
Indoor Program and Expectations 2017 Women
Indoor Medical Form WNT 2017
Indoor Women's Calendar 2017
Informed Consent (minor)
Release of Liability (majority)